Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Agreement?

Two things came to me recently. First, in an ongong discussion group on Oneness, we sepent some time discussing conflcit management. We chose to use the word management, recognizing that not all conflicts can be resolved. Someone mentioned a book enetitled "Getting to Yes" which makes th epint that the deepest conflicts are those that threaten our identity!

Then someone told me a book called, "The Four Agreements" by don Miguel Ruiz from which these is very apropos teachings are extracted:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

Comments:
Hi my name is Erika Klein - i am single mother who lost one child to adoption in Canada in 2001.

I have a website www.adoptioncanada.net and it is called Mothers In Exile.

Adoption was not my choice but a choice made by social workers. I use the term exiled because I am forced to live away from my own child. and to let you know, my daughters name is Emma, and I started an org called Exiled Mothers Mobilizing For Action in her namesake.

Unfortuantely, exploitative and unethical adoptions are very common in Canada. in my province there are about 1600 adoptions per year.

anyways, just thought I would introduce myself. austrailia seems so much further ahead. but north america is a much more populated place, and we are still in our infancy in terms of advocating change.

there are still so many myths,.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogging Birthmothers