Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

A bit of comic satire


Comments:
That's hardly comic satire. It's an offence to all mothers. It's an indication of what has occurred in consequences of our rightful title being tampered with by those who altered our identites.
 
Couldn't be more wrong Illegit!

1) I have very purposely and intentionally avoided joining the cat fight going on on the Bastardette. Read some of is and I think it is totally non-constructive with people using the "f" word - and to a man of the coth, no less. Just horrible, nasty stuff that I want no part of.

2) I'm never lonely for "attention" here as long as you keep posting comments to keep me company Illegit!

I think it's a really sad commentary - to to mention such a waste of energy - that people prefer to fight and name-call than to try to reach any resolution.
 
While the fighting is distasteful to me, I think it does indicate that there is far more than little me, solo individual, who is in disagreement with how things were handled.

This is what I meant when I said he shot himself in the foot. We are a family - a very dysfunction family, but a family nonetheless, or a close-knit community. To uninvite a respected member of our family is only going to cause far more dissention than there already is. As does the whole militant attitude toward the use of one word.

On the Adoption Crossroads website there is a link to a PLEDGE:

"We will work to strengthen the network of search and support groups and facilitate their mutual efforts for opening sealed adoption records and the preservation and reunification of families.\

"We will be available to all callers for referrals as appropriate. (Long-Distance calls received when our office is closed will be called collect.

"We will hold conferences, retreats, and other activities that will help us achieve our mutual goals."

Hmmmm...how has what what done upheld that pledge? Guess it;s all in the definition of "mutual."
 
I see the name thing very much like this:

My son has been living with his girldfriend for about five years. Now, I could call her his "significant other" his girlfriend, his "partner"...to I could simply ask her what she prefers and that's that. Each person in the same situation may have a different preferance, and its polite to inquire what they hcoose to be callled.

I've been asked if I prefer Ms. Miss, or Mrs.

I've been asked of the word "Jew" offends me. (It depends who I using it and how it is being used.)

There are also different terms for seniors, "the aged", older adults,
elderly. Some prefer one and some prefer another. Some may find one such term very offensive and they will tell you - please don't call me OLD! And then, if you are polite and considerate, you won't. But should AARP set strict rules for what ALL people over a certain age demarcation are called? Should they censor all articles that use other their one standard approved nominclature? And restrict speakers at conferences. I don't think so!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogging Birthmothers