Friday, September 29, 2006

 

WHY??

...
Lutheran Social Services to get $1M adoption grant
PUBLISHED: September 29, 2006

Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota will get a $1 million federal grant from the Department of Health and Human Services for the National Infant Adoption Awareness Program.

This money will be used to improve awareness and knowledge of infant adoption among health care workers.

Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota is part of a six-state coalition that has been providing training on infant adoption to health care providers for the past two years. The new money will support their program for another five years.

In South Dakota, nearly 1,600 children are in the foster care system.

-------------

Someone please tell me why anyone needs to be made aware of infant adoption? Why aren't they giving grants to make people aware of older child adoption?

And why HEALTH CARE WORKERS? Could it be to encourage doctors and nurses to push adoption on single pregnant women??? Ya think???

Comments:
It's all about the money. Hoarding government funds.

I'm a former foster child and current child advocate... please check out my blog sometime...

Lisa
http://sunshinegirlonarainyday.blogspot.com/
 
Thanks for the news. I was adopted through Lutheran SS of South Dakota in 1964. I paid a lot of money to have them search unsuccessfully and then after receiving a court order to get copies of my adoption records. Let's see - my birth mother paid them, my adoptive parents paid them, and I paid them. Quite a money making scam. And they need more money? I totally agree with you, what about our older children? Another statement about how incredibly messed up our values and thinking our about our children.
 
I think they are expecting an influx of children with the new anti-abortion law. They want to really push adoption. Its a shame that they don't provide ways for women to keep their children. They wouldn't spend that kind of money on women and children except to take their newborn infants
 
I omitted the URL for the article about Lutheran Children's Services:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/
pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060929/
NEWS01/609290351/1001/NEWS

I hope StuioObeQ checks back...Lisa, it would be great for you to write a letter to the local newspaper and tell them what you said here!
 
Amy is absolutely correct. This is about the influx of baybees "expected" if SD's Draconian anti-abortion law that turns women into breeders for teh state.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogging Birthmothers